Set aside November 23 after work (6-8pm)
Starting, or want to expand, your small business?
This is for small-business owners who run a shop, cafe, service or office in the Moreton Bay Regional Council area (that’s a big circle around the Redcliffe Peninsula: north to Bribie Island, south to the Brisbane River). It’s part of our fully government funded professional mentoring and small-business service where we offer five-six hours of qualified, experienced advice designed to target your business needs. We ask only for a “Gold Coin” contribution (which we then donate to charity).
These sessions focus on providing practical advice to your business in the following five streams:
- Funding avenues and financial analysis (guidance on available banking and finance products, how to present finance bids, effective cash flow management processes and financial data interpretation and referrals to accounting advice);
- Building your business (diagnostic assessment of current business operations, followed by business planning advice that meets identified needs; assistance in preparing marketing plans on promotional opportunities and advertising options; guidance on entering new markets and the feasibility of new business ideas, including exporting products or services);
- Making the most of your talent and team (guidance on human resource strategies, including recruitment, employment and occupational health and safety (OH&S) requirements; advisory service meetings and networking opportunities; talent recruitment and retention tools; training programmes to inform enterprising people about significant new regulations and/or relevant Australian Government business initiatives);
- Management capabilities (assistance with creating, reviewing and implementing business plans, assessing and improving supply-chain management, succession planning and creating security over leased premises or intellectual property; assistance to access appropriate legal advice, including on licencing, retail tenancy, intellectual property and credit management); and
- Digital engagement implementation (advice and assistance on e-commerce take-up; advice and assistance with information technology and broadband services issues; advice on adopting technology concepts to assist with marketing, managing and growing ideas)
This project supports a range of service delivery mechanisms including:
- one-on-one tailored business advisory services
- face-to-face or virtual/online meetings
- small group training for up to 10 people at a time. Call me now on 0413 004 138 or visit our site: http://www.edupreneurservicesinternational.com/
Susan Boucher is an engineer, she’s passionate about robots and how things work and her new small business Young Engineers Brisbane North focuses on sharing those passions with tribes of 3-6 and 6-12 year-olds.
Susan’s STEM Edutainment workshops start next week in the Brisbane suburbs of Stafford, Herston and Wilston.
I’ve been helping Susan design her new business through my work with Greater Brisbane Small Business Advisory Services and she’s ready to roll.
You can get your daughter or son in the room with Susan for less than $20 for an hour and a half of exciting educational building fun with Lego Challenge and Big Builder sessions.
Call 0451 969 754 or email Susan personally at Brisbanenorth@young-engineers.com.au
Sessions start next Tuesday November 8:
Lego Challenge, 6-12yrs, Wilston State School, Grange, from 3.30-5pm for 5 weeks at $16.50 per week (introductory price, normally $18 per week).
Wednesday, November 9:
Big Builders, 3-6yrs, Stafford Community Centre from 9.30-10.30am for five weeks at $13.30 per week or 5 sessions for $50.
Saturday, December 10 and December 17:
Lego Challenge, 6-12yrs, ILP Learning Hub, Herston, from 9.30-11.00am at $19.80 per session.
Lego Challenge, 6-12yrs, ILP Learning Hub, Herston, from 2:00 – 3:30pm at $19.80 per session.
At the Brisbane State High School, South Brisbane, on:
December 12-14, $70 per day sessions from 9.00am-4:30pm.
During the school holidays, Susan will be running sessions at ILP Learning Hub, Herston, on:
December 16, 21 & 23 $66 for an all-day session 9.30am-4:00pm.
More sessions for January will be advertised in the coming weeks at www.BrisbaneNorth.young-engineers.com.au
If you are thinking about starting your own small business, I have sessions available for booking now, all during November and December to January 2017. Simply call 0413 004 138 or email email@example.com. Visit http://gbsbas.com.au/ to find out more and what’s available, fully funded by the Federal Government’s AusIndustry.